Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Minimum one to two years previous cleaning experience, preferably in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise line (shipboard experience preferred).
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred. Internal Candidate Requirements: In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
- Completion of one contract with a performance rating of satisfactory or above.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth erception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.